Factory Talk Activation - move to another PC ?

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi. I have now for the first time had the pleasure of installing RS software where the activation is with the web-based Factory Talk scheme.
It went OK, despite there was confusion in the online manual, but sure enough, half an hour later the customer told us that he really wanted the software to run on another PC. What now ? In the olde days I could easily move the license over, but what now where the license is tied to the physical hardware on the machine ? Again, I couldnt in a hurry find a clear answer in the online help.

I am sure there is someone out there with the answer. :)

Thanks.
It basically says "contact technical support".
Interestingly, you can also have the factory talk activation exchanged for an EVRSI activation.

You can either call AB and have them rehost the file on the AB webserver, or you could tie the activation to the DONGLE and copy the txt file to multi computers in the proper subdirectory structure... then whichever unit has the dongle plugged in will activate...

9509-USBDONG is the part number

I too am considering switching over to Factory Talk Activation.I believe what I want is borrowed concurrent activation?
I want to have the activation on my laptop.

I want to be able to borrow the activation from the laptop so that I can open RSLogix files on my workstation computer.
When I am done, I can put the activation back onto the laptop.
I can connect my laptop to the Local server.

I'm still a little fuzzy on how to go about moving, the activation. o_O I am still using Master Disk)
Is this done using the Factory Talk Activation Software?