DC to DC converter

Alan Case

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi.
Has anyone heard of a 2 amp DC - DC converter that will take an input voltage range of 110V - approx 30V DC and output 24V DC.
So far all I can find from every manufacturer is an input range of 36 - 72 VDC. I am wondering if this is some sort of theoretical limit.

Regards Alan Case

Most DC-DC converters have a 2:1 input range, "wide range" is generally 4:1.
36-72 volts is from the telecoms industry (nominal 48V battery), not a theoretical limit. RS Components list some units with 72-144 V input, but I don't know of a 30-110.

Alan
Quantity of 100 units DC - DC 100 V to 24 VDC and with 2 amp output?
Is this in one room ie all within 200 feet or so?
Do you really have to have 100 separate units?

Can you do a single power supply?
Could you use a 24 volt battery ie forklift and forklift charger - should give you 200 amp for half hour without any problem and not charging. 4 good heavy 12VDC truck batteries would do the job easily. If just for a couple hour test take em out of trucks and use them charge them back up and put back in trucks.

Electric vehicles use DC DC converters but generally for 12 VDC and 30 to 50 amp and supplied from battery voltage as high as 325.

Dan Bentler