Medoc Plus Comms

Tony.Morgan

Today I modified a couple of networks of an existing program offline using Medoc Plus saving as a new filename. On attempting to transfer the modified program via the HMI(transparent mode) to the PLC I was greeted with the message 'PLC Comms Failed or PLC wrong type'. I then tried direct to CPU via SC-09 lead still getting same message.
I went on to try and transfer/monitor the existing program rev. again with no luck.
Modifying and transferring programs is something I do regularily but have never had this problem. It may be a coincidence but I installed some datalogger software on my laptop prior to carrying out the above.

Any pointers before I call Mitsubishi???

Out of interest, what model of plc is it? I am sure you are competent and it is a while since I used medoc but I have saved files with the wrong type of plc before. Have you checked in setup that it is the same model? Have you added an instruction that this plc does not support? (Not likely I know) Has this datalogger program altered the serial port settings? (maybe)Can you communicate with other PLC's. Is medoc corrupted? (maybe) Just a few things off the top of my head.

Thanks for your valid comments. The PLC type is an A2SAS, which is configured correctly in the programs parameters. I initially thought I had done something daft in my revised program - but I was still unable to load/monitor any previous versions of the program.
This morning I visited another plant and tried to hook up using Medoc Plus but with the same problem. I've tried both MP+ and GX developer and they seem to still work ok.
Having tried nearly every combination of serial port settings with no luck, I've decided the best course of action is to get Medoc Plus reinstalled.