windows update faulting Studio 5000

Hi All,

I'm sure I'm not alone with this issue. A recent Windows 10 update for the Meltdown-Spectre issue has caused RSLinx to start failing, I could still connect to PLC's that I had done previously, but could not set new IP address's or WHO Active to see any.

Before I realised about the Windows update issue, I tried re-installing RSLinx then things really went downhill.

I have now completely uninstalled all Rockwell products and done a fresh install of Studio 5000, re activated. However, it will not start, just hangs on the splash screen for Studio 5000 Logix Designer.

Any tips to get me going again? I'm about to re-install windows in a desperate attempt.....

(I've since read the warnings about not installing the latest Windows patch, but Windows 10 does it automatically and you can't turn it off).

Thanks all.