1746-HSRV SLC servo module homing routine problem

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a machine I'm trying to refurbish. Currently, it won't home without intervention. It's using a 1746-L532 processor with two 1746-HSRV SLC servo modules controlling two Moog hydraulic servo valves via a Moog amplifier.

When I press home, both axes move in a negative direction to their respective home limits. Both axes are configured to home to a limit switch (M0:s.0/10=1, M0:s.0/9=0) without the use of marker pulses. I believe they're meant to reverse to the limit switch (which are positioned at the negative end of travel) then forward off it and stop with that position being home. At least, that's what happens when I intervene.

I've checked that the configuration has been downloaded successfully before attempting to home and that the axes aren't in an e-stop state.

To get the axes to home, I have to change the sign of the "Speed Direction to Start Homing Axis" block command parameter (O:s.8 & O:s.9 - two words COPYed from F33:1 float). It is set to -0.2 (the "% Acceleration Ramp", O:s.6 & O:s.7, are set to 0.0) and I change it to 0.2. Now, when I try to home, the axes go forward, away from the home limits to their mechanical limits. Next, I change the speed/direction parameter back to -0.2 and this time, when I press home, the axes both move in a negative direction until they make their home limits then change direction until they're just clear of their limits and stop with both axes successfully homed.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be happening?

I'm not sure if it's related but what is the purpose, in the example rungs in the module manual (1746-um613_-en-p.pdf) of the FLL instruction in the Home Axis example? It fills N31:0 through N31:5 with 0s. It looks like it's to make sure that no other motion is happening. This program doesn't do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. When it IS homed, the auto cycles are working great, so hopefully I can get this over the finish line soon.

I've attached the .rss program file.