1756-L7X vs 1756-L8X

Those L8's really are impressive. On one application I converted I also got about 35x improvement, on the other one I got about 15x.

I'm looking forward to the PLd Safety version of that coming out that doesn't need a safety partner.

-Benaiah

Benaiah - You'll be pleased to learn that 5580S (L8S) is available for sale as of about two weeks ago. Both the PLd / SIL2 single slot version and the safety partner (to get PLe / SIL3) are shipping!

Having heard about the Intel quad core in the new L8 series processors...
I took a program I have been developing in my bench L73 and dumped it in the new L81E and this is the difference in scan time. Simply incredible.

For clarification, the processor in the 5580 (L8) and 5380 is NOT an Intel chip. It is an RA designed quad core processor.

Similar Topics

Hi to All, I have a 1756-L7x redundant processor in one VLAN gateway is 10.17.120.1 and 1734-AENT in another VLAN gateway is 10.17.130.1, subnet...
Replies
Views
I'm checking on somebody else's very first PLC5 to CLX program conversion for them and noticed most integer tags were kept as INT rather than...
Replies
Views
Being an amateur I was pondering upon the use of the ESM in hazardous environments. I've been told that they're well desired in mining. I suppose...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two quick questions: 1- Could I use 1756-IA16/A with TTL inputs? Sourcing (PNP)? Sinking (NPN)? Either one? 2- What does /A in the part...
Replies
Views
Hi all, installed on chassis A17 an A/I from Allen-Bradley , problem is what ever I do , all channels are sticked on value 39.9 and cannot change...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom