PanelView Automatically Enable Barcode Reader

CobMoo

Hey all,

I have a PanelView Plus 1000 and have a barcode reader hooked up to it. Currently, I can use the barcode reader by opening up a string input enable box and scanning the barcode. This inputs the barcode and closes the display. This all works fine.

What I would like now is to not have to press the input box each time I want to use the barcode. Is there a way to have the barcode reader automatically use that input box? Or if that is not possible, is there a way to open up the input keyboard display automatically when the screen opens. That way as soon as I open the screen, the user can scan a barcode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is that a manual barcode reader?? There are some manual barcode readers that has a read button, this button is recognized by the PLC. The you can use it to do whatever you want.

If you had a serial port barcode scanner, you could use Kepware and the UCON driver.
That solution would automatically scan the barcode directly into a string tag for you.

But it sounds like you have a USB barcode scanner, which is basically a USB keyboard. There is no built in support with PanelView to do what you are asking.

Hello,

I am working on a similar system with a USB Barcode Scanner that is hooked directly to a Panelview 7 Plus Standard. Was there any other configuration involved aside from using a string input enable box to populate the data in? I am trying to avoid using the Kepware and Ucon Driver. I just need to select the string input box and scan the barcode in it.

Thanks,