Aquavar AVII Variable Speed Pump Control

GregPLC

We are going to be installing these controllers to control boiler feedwater pumps. 4 of them total for the first project. I have never used these controllers, they are new to all of us at our plant. Has anyone worked with them that can offer any insight? They seem like really nice units, sort of a PLC/VFD all in one unit if you will. I'm new to the website, and hope to talk to many on here on various subjects.

Thank you,
Greg

Greg,

All I can say is "YOU" (that is, the company or whoever agreed to buy these things) should not have bought into these things unless you had a real-feel that they would be manageable. If they are beyond the scope of your capabilities then you could have a real problem on your hands!

Stay with what you know! And, at the same time, keep learning more about the device-strategies in the industry so that you can increase what you know without having to invest in hardware that you don't know how to control.

I know... it's a kind of a Catch-22 sorta thing.

But the fact is, in this "hurry-up, hurry-up" kinda world, you can't afford to be going through the learning curve when the thing needs to be on-line yesterday!

No... I don't have any experience with this thing... nor have I ever heard of it.

Good Luck!
Let us know how it turns out.

I not sure I understand what your asking. If your asking about the product, then no I have never used them. If you asking how can I get 4 feed water pumps to work with an expansion tank to a boiler, then I can help you.

I do understand what its like to work for a large business where you have very little input on what shows up at the front door and the bean counters (who don't have a clue) say "Make it happen"

I just put together a controller for feed pump operation using relays but could have used a PLC. Let me know if I can help.