how to communicate with plc 5/30 and rslogix5

amu_bgr

We have plc 5/30 processor in our plant. we r planning to purchase rslogix5 software for interfacing with plc 5/30.but the laptop we have lacks serial port and pcmcia port.Also we had purchased pcmk card earlier five years ago to run with dos and 6200 software.now if we purchase rslogix5 then how to communicate with plc 5/30 with our existng laptop.plc 5/30 have serial port and dh+ port.

You can use a USB to serial adapter to communicate serially, a 1784-U2DHP will connect a USB port to DH+, or you can buy a laptop with a PCMCIA slot in order to use the card you already own.