Program to display integers from RSLogix5 registers

Jasondelane

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am running a machine on RSLogix5 and I would like know what a good program would be to display some continuous data from a couple integers on separate PC window. Can I use RSLogix5 to do this or do I need to connect to the PLC5 and pull it from there? Is there a program already written besides RSview that could do this?

It's only 3 N registers that I would be using and it's going to be a quick reference for production. I'm also looking at using an LED display in the future for the same information.

AdvancedHMI used to fully support the PLC5, but through one of the driver upgrades that was left out because of lack of use. Some of it has been put back in, but I am not sure how much of it.

If you want to try this and it doesn't work, let me know and I will pull out the PLC5 to see if I can get the driver back fully functioning with the PLC5.

I've got advancedHMI 3.87 running, and I've punched in the IP and N register in all the right places, but nothing is coming up on the gauge when I run the program. Am I using the right port? Is there something else I need to do to get things communicating?

The latest version of 3.99 has a dedicated driver for the PLC5. I haven't yet tested what data types it will read, but I know it does at least support N files.

I noticed it this morning when I was looking at different versions. I've downloaded and gotten it to work with my N files and B files for the pilot lights. I'm playing around with it now and it's communicating fine.