Wonderware Modbus

Dilbert

D
People,

I want to have data (Modbus holding registers ) in WW Intouch 8.0 from an old PLC whic can communicate on Modbus. Can I have a list of essentials?

I mean which Modbus driver, I/O server I require to install in WW? where I can find it?

There is no mention of Port, Parity, baud rate in WW Access Configuration? Is that Only available after driver installation?

I could communicate the WW with RS 5K emulator on single PC through DDE.So I can say that I know normal settings but never done actual communiaction with the hardware with WW.

Please enlighten me.

In a Nutshell:

The Modbus driver is on the I/O Server (Driver) CD.

Once installed, run it and then define a Topic and all the comm. parameter stuff.

For your tag, make it an I/O Integer type (not memory) , click Access Names, the Add a new one, with the Application name being the I/O driver, and the Topic name the same one you created in the I/O driver. You can define your own Access Name, I make it the same as the I/O driver's Topic. Put the holding register address in the Item field.

That should do it. This is all from memory and a quick look at a WW app that DIDN'T have a I/O driver used (was using DDE) so If I've missed a step here, forgive me.

Use the help file included with I/O driver and see the general help file for Access Names.