Mitsubishi Q02 Program Memory

tgoulding

We have a Q02 PLC which is meant to have 28K Steps of program memory, we have seven progams with the following step sizes;

Program 1 3076 steps (Ladder)
Program 2 5535 steps (Ladder)
Program 3 2034 steps (Ladder)
Program 4 2450 steps (Ladder)
Program 5 4858 steps (Ladder)
Program 6 2296 steps (Ladder)
Program 7 2823 steps (Structure Text)

Total : 23073 Steps

We are getting a message saying the 'Drive Capacity', i.e. plc user memory is full. Why ? I know the more program files in the PLC the more memory is allocated to each for on-line programming. But 5K steps seems a bit much.
No there are no stray programs resident in the PLC nor have we downloaded the Label Program to allow on-line programming of the structure text.
Is there anything else that affects the 28K user area, like file registers, latch registers, latch relays, etc.
Any help on this would be helpful.

If U need more program space, adjust those online-spares to 0, U will anyway able to make online changes.

I think U can set file-register to ram (see PLC parameters.

Worth a Try...

I am not sure if this will work or not (never had the problem yet myself)....

Using GX Developer, you can open the PLC parameters and adjust the default memory allocations for each type of bit and word device. If you are not using much of one type device or another, you might be able to free up some memory.

If you are not familiar with it, open your application, display the Project Data List (Alt+0) and then open Parameter>PLC Parameter and click on the "Device" tab. The memory sections shown in white are the ones you can adjust.

Hope this helps.

Steve