Modbus to Wonderware

Jason Ozolins

Hello all,
I'm having difficulty bringing in Modbus registers into my wonderware. I have 3 TotalFlow's in the field with 3 different unit ID's and all writing to the same registers 7001-7009. I have installed the DASMBTCP but am pretty much screwed from then on out. I am bringing in the TotalFlow's via 485 to a GridConnect modbus to ethernet bridge and then into my system and then an Atmos. I have configured the bridge with an IP but not sure what settings in the DASMBTCP I am to use. I dont know between the different selectable types under the TCP_Port heirarchy. I'm given a register list w/ 8, none and 1 settings and my registers are given in 32p floating points. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Hello all,
I'm having difficulty bringing in Modbus registers into my wonderware. I have 3 TotalFlow's in the field with 3 different unit ID's and all writing to the same registers 7001-7009. I have installed the DASMBTCP but am pretty much screwed from then on out. I am bringing in the TotalFlow's via 485 to a GridConnect modbus to ethernet bridge and then into my system and then an Atmos. I have configured the bridge with an IP but not sure what settings in the DASMBTCP I am to use. I dont know between the different selectable types under the TCP_Port heirarchy. I'm given a register list w/ 8, none and 1 settings and my registers are given in 32p floating points. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

that is your problem. the dasmbtcp driver does not support a single 32 bit floating point register. you need to change your totalflow to use 16-bit modicon. then the dasmbtcp will combine the 2 16 bit registers into a float

Are you getting any values at all? If the link is fine then you should at least get values. from there it should be config settings that wrong

Are you getting any values at all? If the link is fine then you should at least get values. from there it should be config settings that wrong

dasmbtcp does not support the datatype that his device is using, so he wont get any values. luckily, his device can be changed to something that dasmbtcp supports.