MicroLogix 1100 / 1400 to AS-I Ethernet Master

RDMachine

Is this even possible? I have been trying to configure it for a few days now and I'm just not having any luck at all. Please help. If anyone might have a sample program with the messages set up that would be greatly helpful.

Can you point to the Assembly Instance documentation for that module, and describe what you have already attempted ?

In general, EtherNet/IP devices that behave like I/O are meant to be connected to ControlLogix-family controllers with a cyclic I/O connection.

While MicroLogix 1100/1400 controllers can read and write Assembly objects, they can't actually establish a cyclic I/O connection.

This was memorably described in one EtherNet/IP seminar as "Crocodiles will never fly, not even very low and very slow."

A little Googling found the user manual promptly:

http://www.ifm.com/mounting/7390706UK.pdf

Do the MSG instructions you have programmed complete successfully, or do they generate Error codes ?

You also have the option of using Modbus/TCP; are you using a MicroLogix 1400 (Modbus/TCP supported on Series B hardware) or a MicroLogix 1100 (Modbus/TCP not supported).

Since I'm feeling expansive, I'll expand my comments.

Some devices can be made to function *almost* like an I/O connection on EtherNet/IP by using CIP Generic "Read Assembly" and "Write Assembly" message (MSG) instructions in a MicroLogix 1100, MicroLogix 1400, or SLC-5/05 controller.

Because a cyclic I/O connection isn't being established, there isn't a mechanism for determining how long between messages should be considered a communication fault by the remote device.

Therefore most devices that allow control via Read Assembly/Write Assembly messages also have a timeout value that you write to separately.

That's how you can control an A-B variable frequency drive on EtherNet/IP with a MicroLogix, for example.

If there isn't a timeout register described in the documentation, it's unlikely you can control the device with a MicroLogix.

"That crocodile isn't flying. He's making very long hops."

i have to draw the plc ladder diagram of the ladder diagram attached to the post. i'm having a confusion that whether the portion above the transformer will be converted in the plc ladder diagram or not.

14.66.jpg