RSLogix 500 Activation

wajidcusat

Dear All,

When I started RSLogix 500 s/w it is getting a pop up message showing that "your product has not been successfully activated" and is working on grace period for 7 days.
Earlier it was getting the message like "Fatal error: Copy protection license could not be acquired".Then I uninstalled and the re installed the s/w .Now it is getting the above message.Lic file I could see in the activation folder .Checked in activation manager for the path ,which is correct.

Also it is showing that license expires on 31 jan 2012

Please help me in this

Regards
Wajid

If thats the case then there is a good chance that you will have to call Rockwell and get a new activation. Sounds like yours is expired.

Product activation does not "expire", once you've got it, it persists.

What "expires" is your access to unpaid support, software updates, and the knowledgebase, etc.

The only other thing is what type of license to you have? Did you purchase the software or are you using one of their "toolkits" that allows access to all the software. These do expire every year.

So your license to use the toolkit expired two years ago. You need to contact your vendor to have it renewed. Or purchase the software and you will have a license that does not expire.

Your toolkit is essentially a subscription. When that subscription expires, you can no longer use that software.

OG