Retentive memory loss on Red Lion Kadet units?

kolyur

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Has anyone experienced any retentive memory loss on recent Red Lion Kadet screens (G307 in particular)?

The equipment in question has a G307K200 communicating serially with a custom embedded controller. There have been about 60 identical machines put into service since December. We've had complaints from two customers (one with two machines) that the retentive memory of their unit somehow got completely wiped/zeroed out.

The machine is for used for load testing. We use the retentive memory for two things: to store calibration parameters for the test apparatus and to store test results. The test result data is of course modified after each test run, but the calibration parameters are initially set at our facility and cannot be viewed or modified by the user (they are on a password protected screen).

I talked to Red Lion tech support after the first occurrence and they said there were no known issues with the retentive memory on these units. They seemed pretty sure that it must be operator error. I've been struggling to figure out how that could be the case. The calibration parameters are only referenced in data entry primitives on the hidden screen, and in a single program that transmits them over the serial link.

I should also mention that the first occurrence was about a month ago and that machine has worked flawlessly since then (after the calibration numbers were reentered).

Any ideas on what could be going on here?

If you search for 'retentive' on the Crimson 3.0 Revision History page (LINK), build 530.000 lists 'Fixed G306K Retentive Memory Loss'. The G306K is an older Kadet, but maybe if you use an earlier build to program a G307K, it could have this issue?

I doubt you're using that old a version of Crimson, but I figured I'd throw it out there. :confused:

I've only used a dozen or so Kadets, and used retentive memory on maybe 1 or 2 projects. Never saw this problem. Hope you figure it out!

🍻

-Eric