OT _ Anyone Else Getting Repeat Spam From Electronic Design / Penton Publishing?

Aabeck

This evening I have received over 40 copies of the identical email newsletter from Penton.

Even after unsubscribing from them after the 20th copy they are still coming.

Is anyone else being spammed by Penton? Or am I the lucky one?

Must be just my email they like.

As of this morning I have received 128 copies of the identical email from them.

And no reply from them about this either.

Somewhere in your email system you should be able to 'see all headers' or 'view source', in there you should be able to see the IP address that is sending the emails. You can check to see if they are all coming from the same place and if it really is the company you expect or if someone if faking their email address. Obviously don't open or follow any links in the emails, again you can look at the source to see where links actually go to without having to click them. It may be a totally innocent ****-up at the company or it could be a concerted attack against you or your company. Sorry I am sounding a bit conspiracy theorist or paranoid there.

It could be a problem with your email provider. The email is delivered, but your email provider doesn't get an acknowledgement that you received it. The server keeps resending.
Try replying to one of them with UNSUBSCRIBE in two places. The only word in the title and the only word in text.

I am inclined to agree that it is likely a problem with the email provider.
Do all of those emails have the same timestamp?? If they do then it has probably the same one repeating.
Does your email provider have a "webmail" site?? You should be able to go there and clear out the pending email(s).

I use Mozilla Thunderbird for my email, and I see the header on every email.

These are all coming from electronicsdesign.com and hovering over the links in each points to pentondes.com, the website for Penton Publishing, or the Electronic Design website. All the article links and even the Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn links go to pentondes.com

Keithkyll, I went to the Penton Manage Subscriptions website and unsubscribed yesterday morning.

I have gone to my mail server website and blocked the address, at least that stopped them.