RSLogix Emulate 5000 v. 19.01

Saulo35

Hi,

I am unable to install RSLogix Emulate 5000 v. 19.01 in a new laptop running 64-bit Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1. The ReadMe.TXT (dated 28 OCT 2010) file included lists Windows 7 Professional among the "approved" operating systems. It also states that "Emulate 5000 is not supported for 64-bit operating systems (x64) and has not been tested in this configuration."

When I run setup.EXE, after the "Preparing to install..." I get the following message: "RSLogix Emulate 5000 is not supported in 64-bit operating system". Then I click OK and it ends with "InstallShield Wizard Complete".

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Well, you will need to run it in a 32 bit OS. How about using a VM? Is ver. 20 of emulate run in x64? It can still create ver. 19 processors, I believe.

Thank you jkerekes. I downloaded Windows XP Mode and the install appears to work. The only drawback is I already installed RSLogix 5000 and FactoryTalk Studio under 64-bit Windows 7. I guess I will have to uninstall them and re-install under the Windows XP virtual machine - right?

I don't know about ver. 20. I will ask my supplier. Somebody in another thread adviced strongly against mixing versions (in this case, RSLogix 5000 v. 19 and Emulate v. 20). I will let you know if I get an answer.

Thank you again.

Thank you, guys. I downloaded RSLogix Emulate 5000 version 20.00.00 (CPR 9 SR 5) and it works fine, except that if the Chassis Monitor contains an Emulogix 5868 Controller, it never comes out of "Powerup Mode" when Emulate is started. You can tell because the BAT LED blinks yellow endlessly. Could not find an explanation in the manuals or a way to get it past this "Powerup" mode. Could not find a better solution than deleting the module before shutting down Emulate and re-creating it after re-starting Emulate.

Last edited:
i run versions 14-20 on a W7 64Bit OS and that is SP1 also. and ive had no problems at all.

did you try installing all the versions together or individually?

You can setup a loopback connector or use Shared Networking to expose the licenses from Windows 7 64 bit to Windows XP Mode 32 bit. Only one copy of each software can be open at any one time. RSLOGIX 5000 Emulate needs 32 bit windows. But the other software will run on either of the windows systems (the normal 64 bit system or the windows XP mode 32 bit system, which is a "virtual machine" within the Windows 7).

With shared networking or a loopback connector the license is used in the XP Mode Operating System or on the Windows 7 64 bit Operating System with no conflict other than you can't run RSLogix in both operating systems at the same time. Rockwell tech support helped walk you through this setup.This information is for anyone who reads it not just the person who posted months ago.

RSLogix Emulator5000 version display error

This error is related with the registry missing. If you use any registry scanning software such as CCcleaner, this will delete the registry's associated with the Emulator. The result is you can not configure emulator as it won't detect your current version of RS Logix. Now here is the solution:

goto-

-start
-run
-regedit
-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
-SOFTWARE
-rockwell automation
-under this delete the Virtual back plane monitor
-restart the system
-re-install your emulator

if you are using a CC cleaner next time when u scan for registry problems un-check the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\EmuLogix5868.exe detected problem. Then right click and add it into excluded list. So that next time it won't detect this as an issue.

thanks

regards
erabid

I have 7 64 bit on my Dell XPS and also installed 32 bit as a dual boot on the same licence number - best of both worlds.
did this solve it?I am having similar problems and I remembered I used Registry cleaner. bad move
Run registry cleaners regularly with no problems but not that particular one.

Dear All,
Can you help me, please?
I use Win 7 - 64bit. I installed RS logix 5000 v19 successfully. But I have problem with Emulator RS5000 v.19 because It doesn't support Win 7 -64bit.
When I set up Emulator V20 I receive a Warning:
Pending: FactoryTalk Diagnotics 2.51 (CR 9 SR 5)
Pending: Rockwell Automation Driver Pakage x64.

I wonder I can upgrade on RS logix 5000 v20 from v19 or not?
MY RS Logix 5000 v19 has license - when I upgrade I need buy another license or not?

After I install v20, I can install Emualator v20 or not?

Please help me - I need install as soon as possible.

Thanks so much

Hi every body,
Is there any body can help me to find a link for downloading RSLogix Emulate 5000 software trail version for Windows 7?? I have installed RSLogix 5000 and I need the Emulator.
Thank you in advance.