need emergency help AB Micro 1000

mrdmrd

I recently had an employee quit but before doing so he put a password on the processor does anybody know how to get around this??? The PLC is a MicroLogix 1000. And no we do not have a hard disk copy of the program that he put into the program.

Last edited:
Unless the guy has vaporized, contact him. If it wasn't intentional, he can probably help you out. He is liable to civil and perhaps even criminal penalties if he intentionally did this.

If you had a SLC500 or PLC5 A.B. could get in with their master password - after they verify the details to their satisfaction.

Unfortunately:
The ML family does not support this, the only option on a ML is to enter the A.B. reset password which wipes the memory & resets the unit to factory original. An option if you have a copy of the program to reprogram the unit.

Search the A.B. Application Note Technotes for: "Clearing password protected Micrologix" for the clear code, as PLCS.net thinks this is restriced information & wont pass it through.

[I just looked for the above mentioned page to post a link & only found the following (which references the above) but appears to have been removed from the Rockwell site]

http://domino.automation.rockwell.c...BE3CAFB92000CB6C85256AFB0065D486?OpenDocument

Last edited:
The best bet is to duplicate the program. If your Quitter wrote it once, it can be written again. Because it is a MicroLogix 1000, it is probabnly not that complicated. If you can supply the same details as the original guy had to use, then some of us here can help you to re-write the program. I have recovered programs like this with only a list of the Inputs and Outputs to go by, and a description of what it is supposed to do. You can usually get the Inputs and Outputs from a wiring diagram.