Start and Stop buttons help

ayoung87

I just got an omron NS5-MQ00B-V2 touch screen to communicate with an omron CJ1M CPU22 PLC. Monitoring and changing time and speed values works fine just by writing to DM and TIM addresses.

The problem I'm having is the basic Start and Stop buttons. I have the "Operation" screen set up with a separate Start and Stop button.

The start button is ON/OFF Button, Write Address is SERIALA:WR000030.00, which is the address in the PLC program for "HMI_Start," and then for Action I have Momentary.

When the PT is connected and communicating with the PLC and I try to push Start or any button trying to access a BOOL address, I get an error saying something about an error writing address to SERIALA. What am I doing wrong?? Any help would be great. Thanks.

As parrafin said, post a shot or the file.

Something to check though, are you using the same serial
address for the analogue values? Is the serial port used
as the comms path?

Screeshot on behalf of original poster...
Looks ok to me. If the DMs are ok on SERIAL A, then this should cause no problem.
Is there a macro behind the button too?

touch_screen1.jpg

Last edited:
There is not a macro behind the button. I'm going to try hooking these up again in an hour or so and try messing with the comms. settings. I'll try to post the actual error message if there is still a problem. Thanks for your help!

Also, after this issue gets resolved, I would actually like to set up a macro for a numeral input. I might post another question later on, I need to figure out the differences in data type and how to manipulate them properly, i.e. taking an input value, doing a couple calculations to it, then writing that newly modified value to a different address.

What system version are you using, I've just remembered that I had a similar problem with a NS5, when trying to use the W area.

Make sure you are on V6.2, if not upgrade and see if that corrects the issue.

Also, after this issue gets resolved, I would actually like to set up a macro for a numeral input. I might post another question later on, I need to figure out the differences in data type and how to manipulate them properly, i.e. taking an input value, doing a couple calculations to it, then writing that newly modified value to a different address.

Macros are reasonable straight forward, make sure you have the macro reference manual. Would it not be better/easier to do it in the PLC? Easier for diagnostics for someone else then.

Just my opinion thats all.