Read/translate .rsp files in RSLogix500

svetagl

Do you know if I can read .rsp file in RSLogix500 without translating to ASCII format? Or convert .rsp to .rss file using RSLogix500?
Or maybe there is a tool to convert .rsp file to .acd to be able to read in RSLogix5000?
My goal is to view .rsp file in either RSlogix500 or RSLogix5000. I can't use RSLogix5 (I don't have it) to save it to PLC5 or .txt - maybe there is third party software which will allow me to do this?

Thank you.

If there's nothing top secret, and you don't mind the world looking at the code, you can post the .rsp file here, and I'm sure someone will print it out to a pdf file for you.

Not exactly what you asked for, but it is a way of "viewing" the program.

Or you can post it here and in addition to a PDF print out, someone can convert it to a PC5 file and you can then import that into Logix5K.

Yes. That tool is called RSLogix5. 🍻

Perhaps if confidentiality is your concern then you need to find a local programmer that you can trust who will sign a non-disclosure agreement to provide you with a program printout.

This RSL5 tool is more than $3000 - kind of costly for just reading the files :cry:

Thanks RoTaTech - I am ok for now.

Thanks Mickey,

Yeah helping other gives you happiness..

Please find attached .rsp file in zip. Please send the logic me into pdf

waiting for reply

Thanks

RohitP,

Its a little to big to post here. If you can provide an e-mail I will send it to you.

1.38MB 647 rungs in ladder 2, no subroutines.

Use a private message if you want.

Last edited:
RohitP,

Its a little to big to post here. If you can provide an e-mail I will send it to you.

1.38MB 647 rungs in ladder 2, no subroutines.

Use a private message if you want.
Mickey,
WinRar will split a file into smaller size volumes when needed.