M221 processor SoMachine basic can’t figure out serial

Dorrance

Hello I am using a Schneider M221 plc I want to get TTL to work on the plc. I have a TTL to RS232 converter and have wired it correctly to the processor. I have never used SoMachine basic so I am lost on how to program this. All I want is to be able send my info to the processor and see it with my laptop. It is part of a much bigger project and this seems to be my problem point.
Thanks for any help.

Hello I am using a Schneider M221 plc I want to get TTL to work on the plc. I have a TTL to RS232 converter and have wired it correctly to the processor. I have never used SoMachine basic so I am lost on how to program this. All I want is to be able send my info to the processor and see it with my laptop. It is part of a much bigger project and this seems to be my problem point.
Thanks for any help.

We have looked at these controllers, they are so far away from anything else Schneider do it is very confusing, I recall its an implementation of Codesys, I can't really understand why they didn't use a trimmed version of a Unity Processor.

Best I can offer is talk to Schneider tech. and see if they can give you an application guy for a few hours, especially if you are using a lot of them, that's what we did !!

The M221 It is not a Codesys program, is basic a Ladder. You have de version 1.3 SP2?
From what I understand, you need to transmit ASCII code? Or TTL levels?..So in any case I think you have to understand the ModBus addressing. What kind of signals have to be transmitted?

The M221 It is not a Codesys program, is basic a Ladder. You have de version 1.3 SP2?
From what I understand, you need to transmit ASCII code? Or TTL levels?..So in any case I think you have to understand the ModBus addressing. What kind of signals have to be transmitted?

Hmmmm i thought SoMachine was all used for programming all of Schneider's controllers using their implementation of Codesys, obviously i am wrong !!