Citect SCADA 2015 to Citect SCADA 2016 - General question

EICS

just wondering if anyone has worked previously on Citect SCADA 2015 (V7.5) before they upgraded Citect SCADA 2016 (V8.0).

i have to upgrade my Citect scada 2015 to 2016 and wanted to know if you found the new GUI easy to use from the get go.

as a 20 year user i am concerned it will frustrate the hell out of me till i get around the new GUI !

Its like a Windows update, everything's there but they put it somewhere different.

Handling tags, alarms, etc, is a lot easier as its like an excel sheet.

Tags and alarms easy if you have a few only - use the Excel add in for mine. Have to get used to everything being somewhere else but OK - did not take me long to get used to it.

Thanks Peter and Bob, you have both put my mind to rest. i have been deferring this project for a while now but i saw that schneider is no longer posting patches for SCADA 2016 and IT dept are soon to roll out a WIN 10 O/S to all business units in the group so i will move forward.

Schneider are posting nothing for Citect anymore - you have to go to Aveva and it has all become quite difficult. Painful website. I thought Schneider was not good - Aveva is a horror LOL.

Schneider are posting nothing for Citect anymore - you have to go to Aveva and it has all become quite difficult. Painful website. I thought Schneider was not good - Aveva is a horror LOL.

I agree totally Bob, i struggle with it as well.

if your looking for citect patches look under "Product Solutions" it took me awhile to figure this out and the website is ridiculous.

Thanks Bob, i have downloaded that. you would like a smart company would issue this to all support users at minimum, not wait until they gave negative feedback. its seems to me in the age of information there is less coming from vendors.

Even worse is they had to CREATE a 23 page document to inform users how to navigate their site.

my pet hate is buying some equipment and getting a small printed piece of paper with a web link to download a user manual for the equipment.... surely a DVD/cd or usb could be provided in the package.

Last edited:
I had a real big grumble at them and told them to re organise their website so that we could find things. They sent me back a guide on how to access Citect stuff - bad when you have to do that! Here is a link. [FONT=&quot]Citect User's Guide to Aveva Knowledge & Support Centre[/FONT]

What annoys me about it is that when they have imported all the old Citect KB articles to Aveva they have all had a new timestamp put on t them so are all pretty much the same date and time by a few seconds, meaning if you search on an issue and sort by date a resolution at the top may be for version 5.x !

The whole Schneider > Aveva has been communicated and managed horribly, much like any Schneider acquisition to date.

Not am acquisition by Schneider - I think it is a collaboration with Aveva although one could be pretty sure money changed hands one way or the other. I heard Schneider took back the support but not sure.

I had a real big grumble at them and told them to re organise their website so that we could find things. They sent me back a guide on how to access Citect stuff - bad when you have to do that! Here is a link. [FONT=&quot]Citect User's Guide to Aveva Knowledge & Support Centre[/FONT]

Well, that link seems to be a dead end, and when I search the Aveva site for Citect documents, it says there are none available!

Probably to a large degree - I am over it to be honest - horrible website - Schneider are becoming more difficult than they have ever been - looking elsewhere. Had one of there survey companies ring me with a lot of silly questions - asked if there was an answer that they had become a road block - funny!!!!

Probably to a large degree - I am over it to be honest - horrible website - Schneider are becoming more difficult than they have ever been - looking elsewhere. Had one of there survey companies ring me with a lot of silly questions - asked if there was an answer that they had become a road block - funny!!!!

Glad to know its not just the UK that Schneider behave like this

The Citect thing is particularly frustrating as we now have another party involved in the UK with support and order processing, its almost like Schneider didn't want Citect anymore but didn't have the heart to just sell it off.