Studering outputs, can't post my zipped .ACD!

PLC Pie Guy

Good morning all.

I am wanting to post a .ACD file to see if anybody can help me with it. I have a output that when turned on flickers badly. It is coming from the the PLC as i can see the output light on the card flicker. I am having trouble nailing down the cause. I am suspecting that it may have something with my I/O buffering but not sure. I tried to write my code in a way that would prevent the flicker from happening but no dice. I will attach a screen shot of the trend I took of one of the two affected outputs. Keep in mind these outputs come on and off together and are flickering together as well. Any advice would be appreciated.
If anybody will look at my project I will have to PM it or email it as this small little program is exceeding forum limits to post.

I am using RSL5000, V20, L35E processor.
Outputs are called R1S6.5 and R1S6.6

Thanks for any help provided.

output_studder.jpg

from RSLogix/Studio 5000 - try doing a File Save As operation - and specify the L5K format ... the resulting file is usually MUCH smaller than the ACD format ...

then ZIP the L5K file and try posting that ...

also ...

do a Cross Reference on the "flickering" output - and look for anything with a "Y" (yes) in the Destructive column of the Cross Reference ...

Thanks for the advice Ron.
The program in question is now attached.

A cross reference turns up only one instance of a destructive bit.

Thanks

@PLC Pie Guy:

In MainProgram > Line_Peripherals > rung 8 you have a "strange" condition. If you keep these values:

Filler_1_Off_Test_Run_counter.ACC = 2
LinePosition is in the range 1-20
Line_control_tags.6 = 1
R1S3.4 = 1
In initial conditions, Filler_1_Firing_Timer.TT and DN are 0. Since ~DN =1, then you have conditions to enabled the timer. As soon the timer is done, TT = 0 and DN = 1 (~DN = 0). Then the timer will be disabled, returning to the initial condition.

In that specific condition, your timer is oscillating.

PS: ~DN is negated DN.

Nhatsen

Thank you for that.
I now have it working as desired, I simply removed the ~DN from the conditions , and moved my branch over to encapsulate the Line_control_tags.6 and now all is well.

Good catch!

Last edited: