Wonderware - Create a List Box to Record Faults

Ones_Zeros

Hey Guys
I have a Wonderware Scripting question.
I created a "Data Change" script that writes and stores the
faults into a text box so that I can save the last 10 faults.

The test script works fine when I test it on my laptop. I test it by manually inputting a fault and I can see that it writes to the text box successfully.

The issue that I seem to be having is when I make this live and in the event there is a fault. The faults are not being written into the text box.

So what could I check on the Wonderware tag?, is there a setting that flags
a data change bit?

Here are some screen shots:
Data Change Script

List Box - Faults
If I type in a 99, It will put "99 - Lost Compress CE Vib Transmitter" in the text box

Tag Setup in Wonderware

A 'Data Change" script is the correct method in triggering a change in a bit..right?

thanks again you guys for the help!

Last edited:
A 'Data Change" script is the correct method in triggering a change in a bit..right?

A Data Change script will execute whenever the value of the trigger tag changes, if that's what you're asking. I don't have any WW software with me at the moment, or I'd try running your scripts.

I have to ask why you aren't simply using the built in InTouch alarm system to handle fault reporting?

Thanks Bit_Bucket_07

Thanks for your feedback...I also utilize the WW alarm system.
The script just allows us to look back at the last
say 10 faults that occurred on a drive or centurion
without digging through the alarms.

It’s weird...when I run the script as a test on my laptop
The script works great. When I look at the last fault
that has occurred, sometimes it doesn’t get written into
the text box, kinda like WW didn’t see the change in status.
I did check and I do have that particular
Fault configured into the script.

I guess that’s why I was second guessing myself
Wondering if the data change script was the correct
Method.

Thanks for your help!