ESA Inspection - TEW wire or TR 64?

Skidood

Hi Group

My control box uses 110VAC incoming from customer supply. It has a PLC and a DC power supply both running on 110.
The PLC draws 0.8 amps and the power supply draws about 1.5 amps. The machine has 7 110 VAC solenoid valves energized by the PLC which (if all energized together) draw less than 1 amp in total.
Of course I need to use CSA approved wire.
What does the inspector usually want to see for the AC wiring inside the box?
I see that TEW appliance wire is rated for 600V and has a slightly higher temperature rating than TR64 hookup wire, which is 300V rated. It would be substantially easier for me to get my hands on the TR64 than the TEW since I only need to buy about 20 feet.
Also, I was wondering about wire gauge. I was thinking of using 18 AWG from the incoming connection terminal block down to the main fuse, and then using 20 AWG from there to both the secondary branch fuses for the PLC and the DC power supply. (I am fusing each device with its own fuse).
Any folks with ESA experience have any advice? (you know who you are... :)

A CSA rated TR64 conductor should be fine in your application.
Remember you need to properly protect your wire, so the overcurrent device shouldn't be larger than the conductor ampacity (as a general rule).
Personally I don't like to see smaller than 18ga used in a control panel.