How to convert STL to LAD in Siemens S7-300

pjadha

We have many blocks written in STL language. STL I don't understand well. Is there any way if I can convert STL to LAD.

I am learning STL but I am very familiar with LAD program.

At the top of the s7 manager window there should be a menu called view, and you can convert the langue to LAD or FBD.

However, a lot of times STL is unable to be converted. Depends how complex the network is, and also if they included all of the "NOP" instructions.

If you have trouble with some part of it, you can probably post it here and people will help you figure it out.

edit**

Not the manager window, the programming window that the logic appears in, when you are viewing a block

If the logic was originally written in STL changing the view from STL -> LAD won't convert it unfortunately. You're probably just going to need to learn STL more.

Pro tip: learning about pointers and any pointers and how they're constructed helps a lot with understanding STL. The help files for STL are super useful. While in a block opened in STL, go to help -> contents and check out "format of the parameter type ANY" and "format of the parameter type POINTER" to get started on those two, and then just hit F1 on any other instruction in the logic you need details about.