Change IP on S7-1500 system?

Pete.S.

What is the fastest way to change IP on a Siemens S7-1500 system?

It's a system that is in production and it consists of the CPU, a HMI and I/O. Everything is on profinet.
I don't want an extended period of having the system non-operational. 10-15 minutes max would be ideal.

Any recommendations on how to do this? I've only done IP assignment on new systems that hasn't been commissioned yet.

I assume that the profinet i/o has its IP set by the Profinet Controller (the CPU). If so you dont need to update their IPs. The Profinet Controller will do that after a power cycle.
So you change the IPs of all devices in the offline project, and you update the CPU and the HMI by downloading their hardware configuration. THen cycle power to the entire system.
If CPU and IO all come up OK, then you are done.
If the CPU after the power cycle shows that it misses distributed IO, then the IPs are probably set in the IO and you have to update these manually as well.

Awesome, thanks guys!

Change the IPs in the hardware config and then download and power recycle - sounds like the way to go so I'll will do that.