RS Logix 500 and C-More HMI Downtime Alarm

kpl_39

Hi,

I want to set up a prompt on our HMI that asks the operator the reason that the line went down.

So far I have it working about 80% but it is not to a point where I can ask the operators to use it.

Basically, when the line goes down I have a screen that pops up on the HMI that says "why did you stop the line?" then there are 9 different button options that are all tied to their respective bit in the RS Logix Program.

I have attached a picture of the program but I will explain the functionality below.

Once the line stops, my B:3/0 OFF bit goes high and it triggers an alarm in the event manager on the HMI to do a screen change to the "why did you stop the line" screen.

The operator then presses a 'momentary on' button that says "roll change" which I believe should make the B19:0/0 bit go high and trigger the B19:0/1 Latch bit. The screen goes back to the main screen after the button is pressed.

Once the operator is done changing the roll he starts the line and the B:3/0 ON bit goes high which triggers the B19:0/2 bit to go high for 500ms (I just put this in there to make sure the HMI receives the signal). The B19:0/2 bit is tied to an alarm in the C-More Event Manager that says, once this bit is triggered, send an alarm that says in the Event Log that says "Roll Change - Downtime: x seconds" (Image attached)

I have that alarm tied to counter in RS Logix that calculates downtime (from once the line goes down until the operator hits the start button).

Then when the TON is done the bit gets unlatched.

Here's the problem...

I cannot get the B19:0/2 bit to fire once the line starts up.

I can toggle that bit manually and the alarm shows up in the event log just fine.

Can someone help me out with the RS Logix program and tell me why this bit would not be firing after the line starts up.

I hope this all makes sense, I am very new to PLCs, HMIs, and Ladder Logic.

Thank you,
Kyle

RSLOGIX Downtime.jpg C-More Rollchange.jpg

Once the line stops, my B:3/0 OFF bit goes high and it triggers an alarm in the event manager on the HMI to do a screen change to the "why did you stop the line" screen.

The operator then presses a 'momentary on' button that says "roll change"
Apparently the Roll Change Momentary ON button is not being pressed while B3:0/0 is OFF, so B19:0/1 never latches ON. You might temporarily raise the time from 0.5 seconds up to 20 or 30 seconds, allowing time to figure out why B19:0/1 never gets latched.