life goals

At my place with hundreds of engineers. 40% are due to retire in the next decade, 20% are in the "middle", and 40% are newer employees.

There will be a huge brain drain in the next decade.

At my place with hundreds of engineers. 40% are due to retire in the next decade, 20% are in the "middle", and 40% are newer employees.

There will be a huge brain drain in the next decade.
From what I see of the Millennial generation it will take at least 8:1 to fill the 'brain drain'. đź“š

But of course they are relying on computers to take up the slack.

What is not understood is the lack of 'common sense' in computers.

Retirement

Steve Bailey,
Russ,
Bernie,

Wow, You have seen incredible advancements in industrial controls over the span of you careers. Your accumulated experiences are valued by us all.

Beyond pot-shot help and advice to the forum inquiries, are you contemplating any mentoring at the local college?

Or:
-fish
-hunt
-golf
-bike
-other?

Thank you

Plastic

Steve Bailey,
Russ,
Bernie,

Wow, You have seen incredible advancements in industrial controls over the span of you careers. Your accumulated experiences are valued by us all.

As long as they dont leave us here.... congrats to you all

Steve was my first PLCTalk.net business partner (now I have many) Russ has helped me many times over the years but most of all his cable pinouts have made me a few bucks and a good reputation and Bernie... well Bernie helped me many years ago with a project at my last real job that I got a raise and promotion because of the success of the project this made me realize that I needed more then just work for someone and make them happy, I need to make myself happy and work for myself

So yes when I see a few of the 'greats' names up in lights I need to tip my hat and say thank you and congrats on retiring and helping me 🍻

I have talked to several of the old timers here. Everyone of them is a wealth of information. Hopefully these great minds don't leave us as well as their current employers.