Program memory, Ksteps, bytes - Omron

Boyko

Hi.

In the Omron CJ1 CPU11 manual I can read that the program space is 5 Ksteps. What does that mean. How can I understand how many Ksteps my program is?
When I transfer one of my programs to the PLC I get a message for 10600 bytes transfered. I can conclude that one step is not equal to one byte.

Thanks
Boyko

Page number 375 in manual W393 explains the "User Memory" (UM)

You actualy get a small amount more than your 5K in that plc. (6140) This memory quanity is how many steps you can have it your program (for that processor). One step equal one word.

10 contacts in series with one output would consume 10 steps.

A network with one contact before the Xfer function(function 70), would use 5 units of memory.

Page 375 is the start of the table that lists each function/intruction, and how fast it scans, and how much UM it needs.

CXP will show you how much of your memory you have used, goto "View", than "Memory View".

Hope this helps