panel view 550

PERSPOLIS

I am new starter on panel view 550 and panel builder.based on the panel builder 32 manual I have created only one screen to start and stop a bit to represent my output on slc 500 fixed style.I have only used internal bits .The plc program and panel builder program is verified and there is no error .

I have connected the slc 500 and panel builder through dh 485 protocol and I have no problem with communication .The problem now is that the fault indicator on the pv 500 screen is flashing which i do not know what is it and every time i do down load to panel view pb 32 on the computer indicates illegal operation and program closes remind you this is very old computer 100 mega hertz processor with 24 mb ram
perhaps one of you gentelman can help and advice me to correct the problem.
thanks
MOHSEN

First thing to do is download the user manual for the PV550!

Get it here: 2711-UM014C-EN-P

If you don't like to read manuals :rolleyes: I've attached the portion about the LED indicators. Sounds like the application never makes it from your computer to the PV550. By the way, PB32 requires a minimum of 32MB RAM.... And you only have 24....

led indicators.jpg

Odds are good that your PC cannot run RSLinx, PanelBuilder32, and the PanelView Download Utility simultaneously with just 24 MB of RAM.

If you don't have the opportunity to run a more powerful computer, you can try to run fewer applications at once.

Try saving your PanelView application as a compiled project; perform a Save As *.PVA instead of *.PBA.

The *.PVA application can be loaded into your PanelView with an ATA memory card (if your PanelView is less than five years old), that's the easiest way. Or you could use the WinPFT utility to download the application once you've shut down PanelBuilder32 to make more memory available.

Our PanelView software comes with an older version 2.6 on it in addition to the latest version. If yours has that try it on the 24 meg
computer. Also, if you have very little hard drive space left, you can get illegal operation because of running out of virtual memory.