Wonderware 9.5 Indirect Assistance

_JT

I've been tasked with doing something that I'm sure is possible, but is a bit beyond my current WW ability.

The client wants the WW users to be able to view a bunch of different ranges (temp, pressure, flow ranges for various vessels) on one screen. He would also like them to be able to change the ranges, provided they have the password to do so (this is currently performed at the quickpanel, and the range input screen is password protected).

So, I developed a screen that has all the ranges, each individual one of which is displayed on a button. That button calls up the WWStd Logon screen, which I'm modifying to be the password entry screen. So far, so good. If the password is entered properly then that screen calls a second WWStd screen (the WWStd Pilot, to be exact). The problem is that I need to pass the tags from the range screen not to the Logon screen but to the Pilot screen. I can't figure out how to do that. Do I need two sets of indirect tags, and pass one to the next?

I don't understand the 'passing' of tags. Just set a indirect tag Name dot field in the pb script to the needed data tag.

PB:
someIndirect.name = Flow001Range.name;
Show LoginScreenPopupScreen
================================

LoginScreen_AcceptPassword PB:

If blablabla then ' correct password
Show ChangeRangeScreen
endif'
==========================

ChangeRangeScreen:

has a text item with User input Analog item with "someIndirect" as the tagname.

The approach you are taking will probably work OK, but you may be making it more complicated than it needs to be.

I've seen it done this way...

You have a screen that displays the parameters. It consists of display elements (a piece of text with a value display animation link) and data input elements (a rectangle with a user input animation link) stacked on top of each other. You control the visibility animation link of the data input elements based on the value of $AccessLevel. If you are logged in with a sufficient access level, the data input elements are active and you can click on them and change the values. If not, you can see the values, but you can't change them.

I'll have to disagree with mellis. It's bad form to stack things and then alternate visibility. Hard to edit, hard for someone else to know things are stacked, ...

To get the same thing, you can use AccessLevel (or whatever) as the Disable item tag. Then it's value can be seen, but not changed unless enabled.

I'v done it both ways I've mentioned. A setpoint screen shows all values and uses AccessLevel/Disable. A Popup allows a secondary password to be entered and also allows more items & warnings to be shown on a per items basis.

AccessLevel is how I would typically handle this. However, at this particular facility there's no login for the WW app, therefore no AccessLevel. And the only part of the app that's protected is these ranges -- everything else is editable by anyone who can get to the WW.