KepServerEnterprise with Factory Talk View Se and Siemens S7 PLC

enault

i have already try the KepServerEnterprise from rockwell and its seems to work well with a few Tag

im Wondering if there is limitation with KepServerEnterprise because the project im planning could reach as much as 25000 tag

i've search over the internet and i cant find any information about the limitation of the KEPServer

so do you think if would fit even with a lot of tag or you would suggest me an other OPC Server?

oh and i already have the required KepServer Liscense

As you add more tags to a single process it does take longer to poll them. However we have customers that are reading hundreds of thousands of tags from a single controller.

One way to help performance is ot make multiple connections to the PLC. Create t channels with a device on each channel that is ponting to the same phisical IP address. Each connection will be its own communications thread. Place critical process data on one device that reads fast and non critical data on a slower poll channal.

I cant help, but keep us updated. I am not using kepware but I did at my last place. I am now using RSlinx and factory talk manager. It take about 8 seconds for 2000 tags.

Thanks Fred_Loveless that prety much what i've heard somewhere else

ill try to give a feed back about this project but there could still be a few month before i get to work on this