Switchover of motors on one VFD without interruption

Which may be best suitable method ?

• Total voters
The problem would be that the VFD already present is rugged with complicated speed control signals from station and it is more complicated to duplicate another VFD with the same .

Provide an output manifold pressure intensifier at nominal system pressure, with the capacity to supply the system for the interval of time required to Stop VFD with Motor #1-> Switch VFD Load Side to Motor #2 -> Start VFD with Motor #2.

The pressure intensifier will be 'throttled' via proportional flow control valve with close loop feedback from an output manifold pressure transducer; I believe you should be able to execute a pretty smooth transfer from Pump #1 Pressure to Intensifier Pressure and then back to Pump #2 Pressure after the VFD switchover.

No, two pumps running on two motors supplying through valves to single column

This sounds like you are planning to run two pumps at the same time in parallel. For this to work, you need to have both pump putting out the same amount of head. This is usually done by running two of the same model of pump running at the same speed. This calls for 2 VFDs.