Wonderware Install issue

Snap25

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've used Wonderware on a half dozen Panel PC running Windows 10 Pro in the last year with no issues. Today is different...

I attempt to run the setup.exe as administrator, the WW 2014 R2 SP1 System platform icon pops up, it initiates the first screen for the install and then disappears!

I checked everything I could think of. I even deleted everything related to wonderware in the registry.

Any ideas? I will eventually give WW a ring by tomorrow if I cant figure it out... or just reinstalling the PC's OS.

Have you installed, or just used, several?

I have never been able to use the .zip version they provide bc of failed windows installer. Instead the cd version mounted as drive was always necessary. Win 7 and earlier.

Have you installed, or just used, several?

I have never been able to use the .zip version they provide bc of failed windows installer. Instead the cd version mounted as drive was always necessary. Win 7 and earlier.

I just got it to work.

My thumb drive I used to copy the installation folder on was formatted as the standard Fat32. It wasn’t copying certain properties.

Reformatted he thumb drive to ntfs and it works perfect.