1756-M02AE 2 axis module replaceing problem

Robotroc

Hi,

I have a big problem with an 1756-M02AE controlLogix module. I replace one of this with brand new one ( 1756-M02AE , same class and same FRM [3.10] version ) and i have a big problem. When i put the PLC on run mode all the axis goes to fault and it doesen't work anymore. In Logix 5000 i see an exclamation sign on axis and the message is: Backlash .... Window ( on axis properties i have zero there ) Fault an when i try to make direct motion commands i reciving an error ( The axis is not configured ). How can ai config. the axis after i replace the module. The axis isn't config. from the old program ? If i put the old module back it's working fine but time to time the module goes to fault ( this is the reason that i whant to replace it with one new ).

If you can tell me what is the corect procedure to replace it, because maybe i don't do something correctly remain grateful.

Thank's

Have a nice day ! :site:

If I recall correctly the firmware of the motion module must match the CPU firmware. Have you checked in RSLinx that the firmware is the same? Or check the module properties while online in RSL5000.

There are compatibility notes in the Release Notes for each controller firmware revision. Since version 13 or so, the controller and the compatible motion module firmware have had the same Major Revision number.

I agree that you should use RSLinx Classic to determine the actual firmware version of the module. It is very common for users to use ControlFlash to change the firmware of a module without putting a label on the controller.

If you plan to change the firmware in a motion module, be careful ! I always do mine on a test bench, never in the rack with the CPU. There are extensive notes on this in the RA Knowledgebase.

Motion modules are configured entirely from the user program. There is no stored configuration on the module itself. There are also no jumpers or selectors on the module.

Are you sure that the 'new' module is actually 'brand new' ? Version 3.001 of the 1756-M02AE module is extremely old; even the firmware flash kit for that version was created in 2001.

What is the firmware revision of your controller ?

Module is identical to the old one, i think it has same code but i verify with the rslinx too. I use Logix rev. 16. I will make some investigation and i will post the results soon.

Thank you !