Rslogix 500

ELarsen

GREETINGS TO ALL,
I need some help in understanding why I cant go online with a SLC 500. I am using RSLogix 500 ver. 6.02, RSlinx lite 2.42, all with WIN 98. I can go online with SLC 5/03, ML 1000,and other SLC 500, but not this one particular unit. I went online using RSWho active go online, and can see the processor in RSLinx. I am getting a decompiler error. I would appreciate some guidance. Thanks in advance.

Ed

this sounds familiar ... see if this link by Ken Roach gives you any help ... if I understand correctly, you might need to get an OLDER copy of RSLogix500 (or the even older APS-type software) to communicate with the SLC ... once the "decompiler problem" has been fixed (and the program file "resaved"), then the newer versions of RSLogix500 should work ok ...

question: do you have a diskcopy of the existing program from the "problem" SLC? ... that might come in handy if all else fails ... if you do have one available, try to open it in RSLogix500 ... do any interesting error or warning messages popup when you try to "resave" it? ...

good luck ...

Last edited:
Thank You Ron, I followed the link back to the KnowledgeBase,
and I think you are right. My software is too new for the program
that the problem SLC was saved under. I do not have a diskcopy of
the program, that was one of my goals as well as T/S. This particular SLC is at another plant, which is under our umbrella and they dont have a Maintenance Tech. So I went over to assist, not much help was I, ha. It aint over yet. Thanks for your help.

Ed