PLC sequence to remote start Fanuc Robot in Style

Im using a S7 Siemens PLC and I need to remote start a Fanuc robot in Style. What is the UOP sequence?

Not to be a party pooper here, but with just that one sentence you are scaring the **** out of me. Perhaps start with a fully-complete safety evaluation of the system.

I would not want to be around any machine that someone not standing at it could start from their office, or across the ocean.

I was at a stamping plant years back that had a monitoring system in the foreman's office. He could see the speeds of each press, the tonnage they were stamping at, etc.

Then it was updated so the foreman could make changes to the operation. He was able to adjust the ram shutheight, which changed how hard the ram hit, and change the speed.

When an operator is at a press and the speed or tonnage suddenly change their first thought is to hit the E-Stop, not the foreman is remote controlling their machine.

Not a popular, or safe, feature.

Personally, I think OSJA needs to put a stop to this idea, quickly and effectively.

Last edited:
The Safety is all taking care off, light curtains , stops, gate interlocks, DCS on the robot, well defined restricted envelop, safe zones etc.
The method of selecting the robot program is Style, I hahe used PNS, RSR but never Style.