RsLogix to ScadaPack Telepace

Depending on the model, ScadaPack's used to have an option for DF1 protocol.

Call your local repr.

You will need to know the Modbus registers in the SCADAPack that you need to write to. Then use function code 6 to write to a single register or 16 for multiple registers. Or you can have the SCADAPack read the info from your PLC. So if you are not programming the SCADAPack I would get with the programmer of it and talk about the best way to do this. It may end up simpler than you think.

You will need to know the Modbus registers in the SCADAPack that you need to write to. Then use function code 6 to write to a single register or 16 for multiple registers. Or you can have the SCADAPack read the info from your PLC. So if you are not programming the SCADAPack I would get with the programmer of it and talk about the best way to do this. It may end up simpler than you think.

I will be programming. can you provide more details about reading info from rslogix?

Also tell us the Modbus card model number you are using with the AB PLC.

it is a MVI69 prosoft card. basically what I did was read coil register in scadapack using MSIP and set the master register to the # of register I want to read from AB PLC. does this sound right?