Problem with master slave

duckie112

I use CPU313C-2DP as master and CPU315-2DP as a slave and theyre connecting with each other with a profibus cable. The software for it that I used is from http://support.automation.siemens.co...ard&viewreg=WW
My only problem is that I cant seem to get the outputs high in the variable table and also the inputs wont show on the variable table as on when I switch them on (sm374 card on slave). So far I don't see anything wrong in my software and setup and used this example.
Also forcing the outputs on the master PLC isn't working. I want to know if theres anything that need to be done first aswell in order to force outputs in a master slave system.

//receiving data
DB14.DBD 0 HEX DW#16#0000FF00
DB14.DBD 4 HEX DW#16#00000000

//sending data
DB15.DBD 0 HEX DW#16#0000FFFF DW#16#0000FFFF
DB15.DBD 4 HEX DW#16#FFFF0000 DW#16#FFFF0000

This is what I get when testing sending and receiving. When I force the values at the sending part it will receive. So I have no clue why I cant force outputs.

This is my project file. I see nothing wrong inside this so I hope I forgot something in order to watch the outputs and inputs and turn them on and off.

Last edited:
I hope I remember this correctly:

In the S7300s DP-adress config tab try this:
For the IO exchange area, use the same byte numbers as the partner S7400 (easier to follow).

Your addresses are in the PI area (<IB/QB128) so you don't need to call SFC's to communicate consistent data areas.

If you want to force the outputs, you have to do it â la this:

L IB_FromTheS7400
T QB_Local

And to send the inputs:

L IB_Local
T QB_ToTheS7400

With a grain of salt
Kalle

I hope I remember this correctly:

In the S7300s DP-adress config tab try this:
For the IO exchange area, use the same byte numbers as the partner S7400 (easier to follow).

Your addresses are in the PI area (<IB/QB128) so you don't need to call SFC's to communicate consistent data areas.

If you want to force the outputs, you have to do it â la this:

L IB_FromTheS7400
T QB_Local

And to send the inputs:

L IB_Local
T QB_ToTheS7400

With a grain of salt
Kalle

So you mean the byte numbers wich are I100 and O100 and use that for both of them. And that STL code you wrote whats QB_Local then?

I interpret your first post as you want to force some outputs in the S7300 from the S7400. As far as I know, you cannot do this directly, but need a load/transfer instruction. The QB_Local is within the output card of your S7300.

Kalle

I interpret your first post as you want to force some outputs in the S7300 from the S7400. As far as I know, you cannot do this directly, but need a load/transfer instruction. The QB_Local is within the output card of your S7300.

Kalle

Ya theyre both s7-300 plcs but even when I want to force on the Master it wont work aswell but I shall look into the QB_Local and see if something happens. Now I know that I forgot some bit in programming in order to force and monitor the values.