Crimson 3.0 Arrays.

haakonk

Hello.

I have a sensor that uses ASCII connected to the rs232 port on my red lion data station. Im using this program to get the data into a array.
// this Rx routine will allow you to display all of the bytes received in a transmission
// declare locals
int i;
int j;
int in = PortRead(2, 255);
// loop while there is data in the buffer, populating the array
while(in != -1) {
Array[i++] = in;
in = PortRead(2, 255);
}
// if something was received, build a string
if(i > 0) {
String = "";
for(j = 0; j <= i; j ++){
String += Array[j];
}
}

The values i get are decimal values, the first 4 bytes are 52 52 50 48, which is 4420 when i convert it to ascii and that is the sensor type. Is there a way to create a program that can translate the bytes received to ascii?

Coding is not something i do frequently, so any help or documentation on how to do it is appreciated.

https://www.theautomationstore.com/red-lion-crimson-3-0-function-library/

IntToChar

Which is a subroutine with 1 parameter
cstring Common.intToChar(int Param1)

Code:
//Converts an Integer into an ASCII character
//Created by Redlion and downloded from https://www.theautomationstore.com/red-lion-crimson-3-0-function-library/

//declare local string
cstring str;

//append character (integer) to string
return str += Param1;

Thank you Bryan.

I have managed to get it into a string now and read the data.

The sensor isnt using position based sytem on the bytes of the measuring data, the first 4 bytes are always the sensor type, byte 5 is a Tab, 6-7-8 the sensor ID, 9 is Tab, byte 10-16 is a value for speed, 17 Tab, byte 18-24 value for degrees and 25 is Tab.

So the first 9 bytes are always constant, but the sensor is only using 7 bytes per measuring value if the value is >= 100 (3 digits after the decimal is also constant), so lets say the speed is 9.000 cm/s the values for for the degrees will be stored in byte 16-22 in the array and not 18-24.

So what I am trying to do is to count where the Tabs are placed in the string (9 in ascii) and divide the measuring data somehow using that information.

I have been trying to use the FIND(STRING,CHAR,SKIP) function but with no luck.

My string is called "String" and the int tag where the value is returned is called "position"
Position := Find("String",4,1);
And just to test it I am trying to find the second 4 in the sensor type, but it is still returning -1.

Any ideas?

Edit: I realised the problem now, "String" should be written String... Its working now.

Last edited:
Code:
Position := Find("String",4,1);
By putting the "" marks around the word String you are searching the word String for a number 4 rather than actual string you want to search, and as there aren't any 4s in the word String you get -1. Remove the "" and it should be OK.