Message instructions for an AB Kinetix drive and ML 1100

ChuckLiedke

Hello -

I have a basic knowledge of PLC programming. I have programmed several Micrologix units over the years. Now I am getting into some things that are a little beyond me. I am beginning to feel like my basic is VERY basic.

I would like to control an Allen Bradley Kinetix 300 drive using a Micrologix 1100 PLC. AB has a sample set up using a ML 1400. They use message instructions to send and receive info on the drive over Ethernet.

I guess I can follow along and try to learn by using their example but does anyone know of a book, manual, or tutorial that would help me understand the messaging needed to do this? Maybe an ADVANCED programming tutorial or manual?

Thanks,
Chuck

Similar Topics

I want to read several disparate values of different data types from a second PLC with the MSG instruction via CIP Data Table Read message type...
Replies
Views
When creating a new input on a remote microLogix transmitting to the PLC5 via 9810 MDS Data Interface on Channel 0. Will the data file...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm using message instructions for the first time and I have a very fundamental question that I'm surprised I could not answer with a google...
Replies
Views
I am currently using PLC's CPUE05 versamax GEFANUC, I get an error "system configuration mitmach" but could not overcome. Although I've replaced...
Replies
Views
just some FYI, cause writing message instructions can be a pain, my company just purchased this product called a cATM...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom