Sizing PLC Triac Output driving Solenoid

JackPW

I'm replacing a 20 some year old PLC with 1A rated triac outputs driving 120v solenoid valves that are rated at .3A Holding Current (all i could find)

The module that I would like to use only has .5A triac outputs (5A for 50ms inrush).
How do you figure out if this will work? and last as long as the first one.
Thanks

Thanks.

These outputs cycle a few times per minute and I would need to add enclosure space for 60+ relays.

If you aren't able to fit the 60+ relays, could you use a relay output card instead of a Triac? If you're forced to use a triac and no interposing relays, just having the snubber circuits may keep them alive.

Similar Topics

I am working on sizing a compactlogix plc based on user memory. Allen Bradley uses the following protocol below. Can someone explain what is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i am planning to work on a project where 50-60 AC/DC motors are to be started on pre-determined time & sequence. this is to be done with...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I´m new in this forum and id really appreciate your help. I have to do the stimation of a biogas plant automation system. The...
Replies
Views
I was wondering how you would go about choosing the correct model of S7-300 PLC. My system is going to contain two profibus loops with various...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'd like to know if there is any standard cable sizing for PLC IO modules, Digital/analog/AC/DC? Some panels are using 1.5mm sq., while...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom