AB ODS software

joefox

I just bought 2 5 axis cnc routers and they have AB 9/260 controlers. I have played with them for the last month and learned how to program them using the handheld programer but I would like to use my Bobcad sofware to machine molds. The controler has a serial port on the panel and I was told that I will need ODS software to load the G code from my PC to the controler. Where can I get this software and I was told that there may be some issues with installing it on my current PC with windows XP. The previous owner of the routers told me he bought a older PC with Windows 95. Do I have to do the same? Any help would be appreciated.

ODS is a legacy software product for Allen-Bradley's PLC-based motion controllers that runs in DOS. I'm not 100% certain (because I have never used the software), but I would think that if you have a machine that can run DOS (either stand-alone or as a dual-boot), that it wouldn't matter if the other OS was Win 95 or XP. It may not be a bad idea to pick up an older machine; that way, you won't have to fool around with your computer running XP.

Regarding how to get a copy of the software, I'd start with your local Rockwell distributor...

Rick

I found a person who is trying to sell a set of 3.03 disk's. Will this version work? I read on AB's website that the latest version was 10.04. Does anyone know of any site where I can download this software for free? It seems being as old as it is that AB could porobably care less if it gets passed around.

I know for a fact, from personal experience, that ODS will run on NT4.0 and Win2000. I have never tried it on XP and I have never used the serial port: the 9/260's I worked with had an Ethernet modules in them.

All I can say is this: you are pretty much on your own. The product line is obsolete and was discontinued at least 7 years ago; the spare parts are available with long lead times (think 6 weeks) and at ridiculously high prices (power supply module - about $1,500). AB does have good tech support for this, though - you may want to call them and ask.

ODS Allen Bradley software

I'm looking for the ODS software Allen Bradley.
Please help.
Greetings Piter
pzelektro(a)gmail.com