Clear Logix 5000 FBC.IN bit

bulletin blues

Lifetime Supporting Member
I was messing around with the FBC function in logix 5000 last night. I want to compare until I find a match and then continue on the array using ladder logic.

I figured I would just MOVE "0" to My_FBC_Control.IN(terupt) and let it continue comparing.

I got compile errors saying "incorrect data type."

The help file says you must CLEAR the ".IN" bit to continue the compare.

I tried setting MY_TAG as a boolean and setting it to zero and MOVING it into the My_FBC_Control.IN.

Still says I'm using the incorrect data type.

Heck, I even tried the CLR function since the helpful help file says I need to CLEAR the bit to continue.

Works O.K. if I just toggle the bit in the tag monitor. Confused about the setting it up in the ladder with the "incorrect data type error."

Ugh, I feel like an idiot.

I figure I'll get it figured out tonight (time permitting) but I'm looking for a hint, while I'm at home, trying not to think about work.

Thanx

Simple mistake to make - hope you got it now....

MOV, CLR : for numerical data
OTE, OTL, OTU : for individual bit states

Another observation -
I figured I would just MOVE "0" to My_FBC_Control.IN(terupt)
The correct name for the .IN bit in the FBC Control is "Inhibit", not "Interrupt". If it was a typo - I apologise.