Siemens telemetry w/ WIN 911

cielo33

Hello guys/gals,

New to the forum and ready to dive right in. Here we go.
I've been given the task of setting up a telemetry system for pump station alarm call outs. Each pump station will have: a Simatic S7-1200 CPU 1212C (212-1HD30-0XB0, DC/DC/RLY), CM 1241 RS232 (6ES7 241-1AH30-0XB0), a Kenwood TK-7180/TK-8180 VHF/UHF FM Tranceiver, a Teledesign TS2000 mobile radio modem. Never been a part of setting a system like this up so I am starting from scratch. The aforementioned hardware list is the parts that are avaiable to me now (purchased prior to my arrival) so I am going to have to go with it. We have 26 pump stations that are going to utilize basically the same logic scheme as far as alarming goes the only difference is site specific. Now all the alarms are to be sent to a master controller which will be wired to a PC running WIN 911.
I feel comfortable writing the code for the alarming sequences, I need help in the packaging of the alarms and how they will be sent.
From what I have described, has anyone set up a system similar to this that could help? I have been doing a bit a research but still have a long way to go. I read something about SEND_PTP and RCV_PTP and was wondering if anyone knows what that is and if I am on the right track.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks,

...The F'n new guy...

welcome to the site
interesting setup
I have not done this - sorry
but your commands look correct - you need to try them from 1 plc to another at one location

Do you have a SCADA software running on your PC? An OPC server? If yes, you can try UCME-OPC from Control-See . Using a cellular modem (Sierra Wireless, MultiTech, Cinterion) you may send alarms to any cell phone. Users can acknowledge alarms, queryt and modify field values remotely using their cell phone. An evaluation version is available.

Hello guys/gals,

New to the forum and ready to dive right in. Here we go.
I've been given the task of setting up a telemetry system for pump station alarm call outs. Each pump station will have: a Simatic S7-1200 CPU 1212C (212-1HD30-0XB0, DC/DC/RLY), CM 1241 RS232 (6ES7 241-1AH30-0XB0), a Kenwood TK-7180/TK-8180 VHF/UHF FM Tranceiver, a Teledesign TS2000 mobile radio modem. Never been a part of setting a system like this up so I am starting from scratch. The aforementioned hardware list is the parts that are avaiable to me now (purchased prior to my arrival) so I am going to have to go with it. We have 26 pump stations that are going to utilize basically the same logic scheme as far as alarming goes the only difference is site specific. Now all the alarms are to be sent to a master controller which will be wired to a PC running WIN 911.
I feel comfortable writing the code for the alarming sequences, I need help in the packaging of the alarms and how they will be sent.
From what I have described, has anyone set up a system similar to this that could help? I have been doing a bit a research but still have a long way to go. I read something about SEND_PTP and RCV_PTP and was wondering if anyone knows what that is and if I am on the right track.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks,

...The F'n new guy...