Graphic Logic Controller (Xycom) Ethernet Q?

SE Mana

S
We are using (2) GLC2600 12" Graphic Logic Controller manufactured by Pro-Face (Xycom)www.xycom.com . We have one talking to an AB SLC5/03 DF1 and another talking to a Modicon PLC via Modbus. We are trying to get communciation between the two GLCs via Ethernet to share data between the two PLCs. Has anyone done this before?

The GLCs are really nice and can do controller too, but we already had two PLCs in place on the system, now we are just trying to get things communicating. Any help would be appreciated.

Se Mana

Peer-to-peer commuications is easy to setup with the GLCs, but you need to have Pro-Server software first. You can purchase Pro-Server software for around $795 from a Xycom distributor if you are in the U.S, or you can purchase it from a Pro-Face representive if you are not.

With Pro-Server you can map the memory between the GLCs, which will allow your AB and Modicon to communicate together, plus each GLC can monitor data from either PLC. If you don't need two 12" screens, you can also use one GLC2600 and one Factory Gateway to share data between the two different PLCs, but only have one 12" screen to deal with. The 12" GLC2600 are a pretty good deal at $2695 each, but if you don't need the screen the Factory Gateway can do DF1, Modbus, or over 100 different serial protocols, plus has Ethernet to communicate to GLCs with, at $595 the Factory Gateway would save you some money. It sounds like you already have (2) GLC2600s, but if not it may be worth a look.

Good luck

Runderwood