DATA Logging

mjamil

I need to record some value within the PLC, at an interval. I am using a S7-2xx plc. I have heard Microwin 4, has some features for DATA LOGGING, but my microwin 4.0 is 2-3 weeks away from me.

meanwhile I would like to get more information, as to achive this conveniently.

Please point me to a function/idea, and I will come back with more questions.

regards.

Sorry for the confusion, I meant DATA loggin, within the PLC, so that it can be forwarded to a HMI or to a PC monitoring it.

I just want to know how to manuplate data within the memory blocks, I would have 10 types of data (each DOUBLE WORD), if I trigger it every 1 hour, this would mean 80 Double words per shift, based on two shifts per day into 3 days backup would mean moving 480 DWs.

This massive movement of DWs, I have never come accross with.
I'd appreciate if someone shed light on this.

REgards,