Communication between ControlLogix and Click PLC

phuz

This is for more of a personal project, but I am wondering if anyone has done communication between the Automation Direct Click PLC and a ControlLogix (or CompactLogix). The CompactLogix I am using is an L18, which can be configured for MODBUS TCP, and it looks like the Click PLC can also do Modbus TCP, so that appears to be one method. Preferably, I would do something with a generic module or MSG instruction to retrieve data but haven't found any references on it.

On the Click PLC you have only Modbus TCP on the Ethernet connection.
The serial ports will have Modbus RTU or ASCII communication. I would not recommend using straight ASCII for the communications.

Regards,
Garry

I thought I read somewhere that these new units are Ethernet/IP capable, so I was hoping I may be able to do some messaging. Modbus TCP is OK though.